Applying for an Extra Card
You can apply for an Extra Card linked to your Card for your partner or another member of your family aged 18 or above. This is convenient if you want to travel or go shopping separately. An Extra Card can also be useful for children studying abroad.
How the Extra Card works
- The Extra Card is in the name of the Extra Cardholder.
- Especially useful for car rentals, because this is only possible with an ABN AMRO Credit Card in the name of the person renting the car.
- There is a single spending limit for the Main Card and Extra Card combined.
- As the Main Cardholder, you can oversee the payments that are made with your ABN AMRO Credit Cards.
- You will remain responsible for the payment of the outstanding balance as Main Cardholder.
- The annual fee for an Extra Card varies depending on the product.
Applying for an Extra Card in Creditcard Online
You can find more information on the cost and apply for an Extra Card in Creditcard Online.
When will I receive the Extra Card?
Once you have applied, you can expect the following:
- You will receive a request to pay €0.01 via iDEAL. We use this to verify your identity.
- We assess your application. If there are no special circumstances, you will receive a message that your application has been approved.
- Within 3 to 4 working days, you will receive an email with to choose a PIN. If we don't have your email address on record, you will receive you a letter.
- You have 8 days to choose a PIN. The sooner you do so, the faster you will receive the Extra Card.
- Once you have chosen the PIN, you will receive the Extra Card within a week.
Please note: if you haven't chosen a PIN in 8 days, one will be assigned to you. You won’t be able to change this PIN.
Tips for choosing your PIN
- Don’t choose a PIN that’s easy for other people to guess, such as your postcode, date of birth, or part of your phone number.
- Also don’t use the same PIN as the one for your debit card.