Applying for an Extra Card
You can apply for an Extra Card linked to your card for your partner or another member of your family aged 18 or above. This is convenient if you want to travel or go shopping separately. An Extra Card can also be useful for children studying abroad.
Please note: If you have an ABN AMRO MeesPierson (Gold) Card and you would like to apply for an Extra Card, please contact your private banker. If you have an ABN AMRO Student Credit Card, unfortunately you’re not eligible for an Extra Card.
How the extra card works
- The Extra Card is in the name of the extra cardholder.
- The card is useful for car rentals, because this is only possible with a card in the name of the person renting the car.
- There is a single spending limit for the main card and Extra Card combined.
- As the main cardholder, you can oversee the payments that are made with your cards.
- As the main cardholder, you are also responsible for the payment of the outstanding balance.
- The annual fee for an Extra Card varies depending on the product: you pay €22.42 per year for an Extra Card and €55.13 for an extra Gold Card, unless it is included in your payment package.
Applying for an Extra Card at Creditcard Online
You can find more information on the cost and apply for an Extra Card at Creditcard Online.
When will I receive the Extra Card?
Once you have applied, you can expect the following:
- The following working day you will receive an email with instructions to choose a PIN via a telephone number. We’ll send the email to the address we have on record for you. You can see this email address in Creditcard Online.
- You have eight days to choose a PIN. The sooner you do so, the faster you will receive the Extra Card.
- Once you have chosen the PIN, you will receive the Extra Card within a week.
- If within eight days you have not chosen a PIN, we will send you one. You won’t be able to change this PIN.
Tips for choosing your PIN
- Don’t choose a PIN that’s easy for other people to guess, such as your postcode, date of birth, or part of your phone number.
- Also don’t use the same PIN as the one for your debit card.