Changing your spending limit
The spending limit is the maximum amount you can spend on your card. You can find your card’s limit by logging in to Creditcard Online, or at the bottom of your statement. You can also see your limit in the ICS App for ABN AMRO creditcards for ABN AMRO cardholders.
Raising your spending limit
If you would like to raise your spending limit, you can apply for an increase via Creditcard Online.
Please note: If you have an ABN AMRO MeesPierson (Gold) Card, please contact your private banker. If you have an ABN AMRO Student Credit Card, unfortunately it isn’t possible to change your spending limit.
When we receive your application, we first investigate whether we should raise your limit.
- We calculate whether it would be responsible to raise the limit in your case.
- We check with the Credit Registration Office (Bureau Krediet Registratie, BKR) whether you have many other loans.
- If we need additional information, we send you an email.
- We wait until we have received the information from you.
- We then check the application again.
- If we conclude that it’s possible to provide additional credit in your situation, we raise your limit.
- Your application will take between one hour (for a limit up to €5000) and around 2 weeks (for a limit above €5000).
Lowering your spending limit
You can always lower your spending limit. Call ABN AMRO Creditcard Services and we’ll arrange it for you.
Please note: to lower the limit of your ABN AMRO MeesPierson (Gold) Card, please contact your private banker. If you have an ABN AMRO Student Credit Card, unfortunately it isn’t possible to change your spending limit.