Interest and the cost of your card
Which services are free of charge?
Paying with your ABN AMRO creditcard in euros in The Netherlands and abroad is entirely free of charge. If you pay your outstanding balance in full within 21 days, you won’t pay interest. It’s simple to pay your outstanding balance in full each month by direct debit from your bank account.
What are the fixed costs of your card?
Either you pay an annual card fee, or the cost of your card is included in your banking package. If you log in to Credit Card Online, under ‘My settings’ you can see the specific terms associated with your card, including the amount of your annual card fee.
- Other costs
What are the other costs of your card?
- If you transfer funds from your credit card to your bank account, you pay a withdrawal fee on the amount you transfer, unless it comes from a positive balance.
- You pay a withdrawal fee if you take out cash from an ATM, in other countries as well as in the Netherlands.
- You pay a currency conversion fee if you make a payment or withdraw cash with your card in a currency other than the euro.
Card with instalment facility
- If you pay your outstanding balance in instalments, you pay a fee in the form of interest.
- If you don’t repay your outstanding balance on time, you pay a fee in the form of interest.
To find out more about the amounts of other costs, interest, withdrawal fees and currency conversion fees, please see the General Conditions.
Calculate the exchange rate and currency conversion fee
If you would like to repay your outstanding balance in instalments, you can arrange for the Instalment Facility. This means you enter into a credit agreement with ICS. When you pay in instalments, there are two possibilities:
Pay in full
You repay the outstanding balance in full within 21 days of receiving your statement. You do not pay interest.
Pay in instalments
You pay the outstanding balance in monthly instalments with interest. The interest is 10% annually. Each month you pay the minimum amount. This is 2.5% of the spending limit. If you added the option for paying in instalments before 29 October 2019, the minimum amount is 2.5% of the outstanding balance, with a minimum of € 20.
More information on the Instalment Facility.
- Annual Percentage Rate of Charge
The Annual Percentage Rate of Charge (APR) is a percentage that indicates how much you pay a lender – in this case ICS – for credit on an annual basis. It’s a percentage of the amount you borrow. The APR enables you to compare the cost of credit from different lenders. At ICS, the APR includes both the interest you pay and the annual fee for your card.